Thursday, May 28, 2009

Five Years Ago...

today (or tomorrow, depending on when you read this post) Adam and I were married. I was sort of young, he was REALLY young, and we had no idea what we were getting into. I still get teary when I think of this incredible man that I was so lucky to find. Our marriage is the foundation on which my feet are very firmly planted in this life, and without his love and support I know I would not be able to accomplish much of what I do. I've said before that I breathe air and my husband and I love each other-- these are the two things of which I will always be certain. I feel very blessed and thankful that I have such a kind, hard-working and special man to grow old with.

The last five years have brought a lot of hard work and struggle, but a whole lot of wonderful, too. And this, of course.
photo courtesy of the fabulous Cophia Lee
And this special day also brings the end of Adam's twenties. And my mother's-- well, we'll just say there's a six in there. A wonderful, special day that will be filled with much love, laughter and wishes for many, many more years together.
Happy Birthday, Mom! And Happy Birthday-Anniversary dear Husband! I love you all so!

6 comments:

Erstwhile Editor said...

Beautifully said! Congratulations on five fast years and two sweet boys. May your next 50 years be as happy, even if not as productive, procreation-wise.

naqahdahnellie said...

Congrats on 5 years! You guys look great in that picture! We were married a little less than 2 months after you. It must've been a good year. :)

Joy said...

Awww...congrats Melissa! You guys are too cute. Happy birthday to Adam and your mom! :)

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!! What an adorable couple you are. And those babes......too darn cute!
-Lisa :)

brown robin said...

Ahhh... Melissa, so perfectly said. I wish the four of your years of joy together! That's really all that it's about, isn't it? I haven't had the chance to check in much this week, but thanks so much for your post about "mamas." It was just amazing.

nicola @ which name? said...

very sweet post. happy happy happy to all!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com