Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's my pleasure to introduce...


This is our giraffe.  His name is Raif. 
Raif, meet everyone.
Everyone, Raif.


Raif is most beloved.  He is quite patient with all the affection.


Raif was purchased by my grandmother (she of excellent thrifting juju) at an art sale in Texas in the early 1960's.  I loved him all the years of my childhood, and when she began to downsize years ago, I asked if he could come live with us. We've been one big happy family ever since.  My quite odd neighbor actually had his twin on her front porch a few months ago-- the mail carrier bought him off of her before I could make my move!  Two Raifs.  That would have been sweet.




I'm so happy ya'll noticed him.  He really is a swell guy, and I can't believe I haven't blogged about him before.  He's pleased to make your aquaintance, too.

5 comments:

Alice said...

Raif is adorable. Very cool you kept him when your Grandmother downsized!

Joy said...

Pleasure to meet you, Raif! Welcome to the community. :)

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

It was an honor to meet you, Raif. Your neck has excellent curves, and don't ever let anyone tell you different.

Haven and Home said...

Oh he is so cute!!! I can tell he is well loved!

anellesgardening said...

Next time you rearrange that room, I foresee you no longer having room for Raif. At which point, feel free to drop him by here. I'd be glad to adopt him for you and give him a good home. :P